Special Events / Public Relations Internship
The USO of Missouri, Inc. is seeking two special event/public relations interns per semester. This is an unpaid, credit based position, which typically works 14 – 20 hours per week.
· Work on all aspects of programming and communications for the USO of Missouri, Inc.
· Assist with research, planning and coordination of event logistics, including day of event implementation
· Coordinate marketing efforts for all USO of Missouri, Inc. programs, as needed
· Maintain accuracy of event photo galleries
· Contribute to all communications/PR initiatives, as assigned
· Assist USO of Missouri, Inc. staff, as assigned
· Reports to the Director, Special Events & Communications
· Some weekend, evening and holiday hours may be required
· Minimum of Sophomore status
· Career path in public relations, communications, fundraising, promotions, marketing or related field
· Responsible, dedicated, fast thinkers able to keep up with a fast paced environment
· Promotions, events and marketing experience preferred
· Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Note: The USO of Missouri, Inc offices are located at Lambert International Airport. Scheduled hours will be on a set, weekly schedule during our normal business hours (M – F, 7 AM – 4 PM).
Summer 2012 Semester April 30, 2012
Fall 2012 Semester August 1, 2012
Spring 2013 Semester November 1, 2012
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to Sara Colvin at email@example.com.
No phone calls please.