USO of Missouri Mobile Coordinator
This position is responsible for assisting the Mobile Director in coordinating and executing Mobile USO events. This is a part time position consisting of 350-400 hours per year.
Reports to: Mobile Director
Principal Responsibilities & Duties:
• Work with Mobile Director on coordination of all event logistics.
• Maintain accurate & detailed event records for each program/event attended.
• Track event hours for volunteers on events attended.
• Ability to multi-task with accuracy.
• Ability to interact with various Military and Civilian personnel.
• Coordinate staff & volunteer involvement for events and work some events.
• Work collaboratively with other staff members as needed.
• Drive either unit as needed.
• Stage events at warehouse.
• Pick up supplies from area vendors.
• Travel Missouri State and areas surrounding Scott Air Force Base.
• Occasional overnight trips, 1-3 nights at a time.
• Other duties as assigned.
• One year related experience in events and program coordination, volunteer management.
• Demonstrated ability to think and plan strategically.
• Excellent general event planning, negotiation and communication skills, ability to work with variety of work/personality types.
• Ability to reorganize on site in event of change: weather, location, restrictions.
• Deadline oriented, ability to manage multiple priorities, and experience working in team-based or collaborative settings.
• Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher
& PowerPoint), Basic financial accounting, data entry.
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to work with volunteer staff effectively.
• Creativity and flexibility essential.
• Organizational skills.
• Familiarity with Military protocol preferred.
• Must be able to work weekends, evenings and holidays as needed. Must be able to lift 35-50 lbs without assistance.
• Must have valid drivers license and reliable transportation.
• Travel requirements inside Missouri State lines and areas surrounding Scott AFB.
• Must have Passport or approved Federal form of ID for entry to military instillations.
• Must pass Homeland Security background check.
This job announcement is illustrative only and is not meant to encompass all possible duties the Mobile Coordinator may be called upon to perform or all conditions that an employee may encounter during the course and scope of employment.
Please submit your cover letter and resume, via email only, no later than March 10, 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tentative Work Schedule
January – 10 hours
February – 20 hours
March – 20 hours
April – 20 hours
May – 60 hours, to include 3 of the 4 weekends
June – 60 hours, to include 3 of the 4 weekends
July – 60 hours, to include 3 of the 4 weekends
August – 60 hours, to include 3 of the 4 weekends
Sept. – 60 hours, to include 3 of the 4 weekends
October – 20 hours
November – 20 hours
December – 15 hours