The USO of Missouri, Inc. greatly appreciates all of the hard work and dedication of over 600 volunteers who make our USO facilities and programs a success! Armed with a desire to give aid and comfort, these volunteers range in age from 18-90 and in experience from the college freshman to the retired CEO.
The USO of Missouri, Inc. has many volunteer options available to serve the troops:
- The first option is our Terminal 1 airport facility. This facility is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. This operation utilizes volunteers to fill five shifts per day and also relies upon substitutes when a regular volunteer cannot make their shift. Volunteers also pick up food donations for the USO of Missouri, Inc.
- The Terminal 2 Satellite facility utilizes volunteers to fill shifts from 7 AM to 6 PM, Monday – Friday to provide military a “touch of home.”
- Our Mobile units offers hands-on, high energy volunteer opportunities. The schedule always varies and can include nights and weekends.
- The Ft. Leonard Wood USO serves all of the trainees who are stationed at Ft. Leonard Wood. For more information on this facility, contact the Ft. Leonard Wood USO at 573-329-2039.
- Special event volunteers assist with golf tournaments, parades, Santa’s Express, Day at the Zoo, special projects, and serve on working committees that keep the USO of Missouri, Inc. running smoothly and efficiently.
Volunteers participate in all services of the USO of Missouri, Inc., from the full-service canteen to the luggage check room. There is always work to be done, particularly keeping the facilities neat and clean for the military and their families. Special events, projects and short-term projects round out the volunteer experience.
Complete training is provided, including general orientation, registration desk, canteen and Mobile USO training. The first step in becoming a USO of Missouri, Inc. volunteer is to complete the volunteer application.
If you’d like further information, contact the Director of Volunteer Services, Jennifer Warner, at 314-429-7739 or email email@example.com.