On a typical day in the airport facilities, you might find a young Marine recruit en route to boot camp in California; military families relaxing while waiting on a delayed flight or perhaps a Mother saying 'goodbye' to her daughter who is headed off to points unknown. Many brave young men and women travel through our facility on their way overseas to protect our freedom. The USO of Missouri's Terminal 1 facility is also a meeting point for up to 1,000 new recruits each week on their way to Ft. Leonard Wood for basic training.
- The USO of Missouri, Inc. in one of few USO's that has two facilities in a single airport.
- The James S. McDonnell USO, located on the lower level of Terminal 1 at Lambert-St. Louis International Airport across from baggage carousel M6, never closes. The doors are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- The James S. McDonnell USO is one of the largest airport service centers in the world.
- The Terminal 2 Satellite facility, located on the lower level of Terminal 2 at Lambert-St. Louis International Airport across from entrance ET11, is open 7 AM - 6 PM, Monday - Friday.
- A full spectrum of services is provided to all military personnel and their dependents.
- All services are offered ABSOLUTELY FREE!
- More than 700 dedicated volunteers work tirelessly to keep the doors of the USO open and to serve those who serve our country. (See "Volunteer Info")
- The USO of Missouri, Inc. is not part of the Department of Defence. No government, military, or United Way funding is received. The USO of Missouri, Inc. is a private, non-profit 501(C)(3) organization and depends entirely on the generosity of individual and corporate donors. (See how you can help)